Updated September 21, 2021
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this site or any products and services offered on it.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting customers personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our customers’ personal information and allowing our customers to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Koy Resort US and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of [Describe company’s goods/service offerings - this should be broad and general to encompass any type of message you may send. Messages outside of this scope may not be allowed under the TCPA]. Messages may include checkout reminders.
4. Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
5. Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
6. MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
7. Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
8. Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
10. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes: - Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity; - Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; - Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code; - Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received; - Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and - Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Vancouver, British Columbia before one arbitrator. The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Koy Resort US’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your Use of Our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our site, including through the use of internet cookies, your communication with our site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider.
Your Opinion and Feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, product reviews or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to deliver requested products;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development and gauging website traffic and trends;
- to deliver personalised site content to you;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to;
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement offices as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Canada and the USA.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
YOUR RIGHTS CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Provision of Third Party Information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party's consent to provide this.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). PIPA, which came into effect on January 1, 2004, sets out the ground rules for how B.C. businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please update your details in the My Account tab or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached your Privacy and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email email@example.com setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email communications or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may use web beacons on this site from time to time. Web beacons or clear. gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor's behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have any questions, feedback or complaints please contact us at:Koy Resort Customer Support
Mail: 1456 E Pender Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5L 1V8.
Phone: (+1) 1 800 833 2260